Artifacts

Artifact 1:

This is the electronic confirmation of me making the Dean’s List at UFV during the Summer 2021 semester. During this semester I took four courses, three of which were condensed during the first half of the semester. To make the Dean’s List a student needs to complete 12 credits with a minimum 3.67 GPA for the semester. I completed the 12 credits with a 4.24 GPA for the semester, while also having my toddler daughter under my sole and fulltime care due to COVID-19 regulations requiring university courses be online.

Artifact 2:

A massive achievement is my health. I was very sick with several chronic conditions and an autoimmune disease for a number of years. As a result I had multiple organs damaged and going into failure, I gained a substantial amount of weight, started losing my mobility, had to put my future including post-secondary education on hold, and my mental health wasn’t great. I constantly advocated for myself and through determination I was able to overcome a majority of my medical conditions, gained back my mobility and then some, lost over 110lbs, returned to post-secondary education, and my mental health has never been better. I have maintained and gone on to lose more weight, and dramatically improved my GPA, thus becoming the healthiest and happiest version of me. This demonstrates my adaptability, and determination.

Artifact 3:

Welcome!

This is a website I created in a history honours course I took at UFV in the Winter 2021 semester. It was a semester long project that taught me a lot about self-directed learning through exhaustive and vigorous research through archival work. This website is about the beginnings of the special education programs offered in the Chilliwack school district, and how they compared to those in surrounding areas. It was a very rewarding project that gave me insight into how far our education system has come and where I would like to contribute. This demonstrates my organizational skills, ability to be self-directed, and passion for equal learning for all students.